Matcha cookies recipe by Matcha Boy
2 tablespoons of Matcha Boy
160g plain flour
100g unsalted softened butter
70g brown sugar (add more if you prefer sweeter taste)
1 egg *room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or essence
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
80g of your favourite chocolate (optional)
- Cream the butter in a large bowl. Add sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the beaten egg and mix well. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour, Matcha powder, and baking powder, then mix well with a spatula.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Cut the chocolate bars into small pieces with a kitchen knife.
- Divide the dough into 20 pieces and place in the diced chocolate. Roll into a small ball. Then press the center of the ball gently with your finger to make it flat. Or you can put it into any shape you like.
- Bake at 170C for 10 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet or a wire rack.